Get Over Your Hump With These 20 Quotes
Congratulations! It’s Wednesday and you’ve made it halfway through the week already. I know that some weeks can be busy, tiring, and stressful—which is why I wanted to make this post a little different from my typical ones.
Words have always been an inspiration for me. They have helped me build my confidence and change my life. I love stories, advice, and fragments of passages. Every sentence is strand together beautifully and carefully with each word; much like how life is connected by individual events.
Throughout this post, you’ll find a few of my favorite inspirational quotes that I always keep in my phone to give myself a mini pick-me-up if I need it. I have realized that many people need a pep-talk sometimes, but there isn’t always a person who can give that to you. My goal of this post is to give you something to refer back to when you do need a pep-talk. I want each and every one of you to feel refreshed, accomplished, encouraged, and motivated by the time you’re done reading this.
1. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.“ – Mark Victor Hansen
2.“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss
3. “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
4. “I say, dress to please yourself. Listen to your inner muse and take a chance. Wear something that says ‘Here I am!’ today.” – Iris Apfel
5. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great makes you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
6. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
7. “If you take another step, and another, you will be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought was the end.” – Marc and Angel
8. “Confidence is 10% hard work and 90% delusion.” – Tina Fey
9. "It’s far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.” – Judith Martin
10. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene Brown
11. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” – T. Harv Eker
12. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”– Oprah
13. “You were hired because you met expectations, you will be promoted if you can exceed them.”– Saji Ijiyem
14. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “There are admirable potentialities in every human being. Believe in your strength and your youth. Learn to repeat endlessly to yourself, ‘It all depends on me.'” – Andre Gide
16. “Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that comes to you, and to follow a path that makes you happy.” – Unknown
17. “We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm.” – Winston Churchill
18. “Try to make at least one person happy every day. If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word. If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought. Count up, if you can, the treasure of happiness that you would dispense in a week, in a year, in a lifetime!” – Lawrence G. Lovasik
19. “It seems to me that people have vast potential. Most people can do extraordinary things if they have the confidence or take the risks. Yet most people don’t. They sit in front of the telly and treat life as if it goes on forever.” – Philip Adams
20. “I do not care about happiness simply because I believe that joy is something worth fighting for.”– Criss Jam
Don’t stress if you still feel under the weather after reading this post. Sometimes we have our good days and sometimes we have to wait until tomorrow to have a good day. Either way, I really do believe that good feelings and vibes come from the mind, and I know that you can be great if you let yourself.